The PRINCE2 certification is a set of methodologies of project management that are process-driven. It segregates a project into stages with each stage being managed individually. For earning this certification, one needs prior training.
Sappers solutions can provide an individual with the necessary knowledge that helps him/her to ace this course.
As being process-driven, PRINCE2 includes 7 of them:
- Starting Up a Project (SU)
Starting Up a Project (SU) ensures that a project is feasible and provides the objectives and reasons behind it. This process is necessary for earning the clearance necessary for starting a project.
This process works through the following stages:
- Appointment of Executive and Project Manager.
- Learning from previous lessons.
- Appointment of project management team.
- Assigning job roles to each team member.
- Outlining a Business Case.
- Selecting a project approach.
Last and final stage of this process is planning the initiation of a project.
- Initiating a Project (IP)
Initiating a Project (IP) answers questions related to the project tasks, control, communication, and roles and responsibilities.
This process takes place with the following stages:
- Preparing risk management strategies.
- Preparation of configuration management strategies.
- Preparation of quality management strategy.
- Preparing communication management strategies.
- Setting up of project controls.
- Creating a project plan
- Refining the Business Case.
Final stage of this process is assembling the project initiation documentation.
- Directing a Project (DP)
Directing a Project (DP) process involves delegating the regular responsibilities to a Project manager.
It contains the following stages:
- Authorizing invitation.
- Authorizing the project.
- Authorising an exception plan.
- Providing an ad hoc direction to the Project Manager.
Last stage of this procedure is authorizing the closure of this project.
- Controlling a Stage (CS)
Controlling a Stage (CS) approach delivers all responsibility to the Board while relaying all regular functions to the Project Manager.
It follows the procedures mentioned below:
- Authorizing a Work Package.
- Evaluating status of Work Package.
- Reviewing Work Package completion status.
- Evaluating stage status.
- Reporting to the Board.
- Monitoring risks.
- Escalating risks.
Final stage of this method is taking corrective measures to prevent the risks.
- Managing Product Delivery (MP)
Managing Product Delivery (MP) process relays the roles and responsibilities to a Project Manager about its Work Package.
Accepting, executing, and delivering of Work Package are included in this process.
- Managing a Stage Boundary (SB)
Managing a Stage Boundary (SB) procedure is where a Project manager prepares for the next stage in management by delivering the Board with all necessary information for taking a decision.
- Closing a Project (CP)
Closing a Project (CP) process, as the name suggests deals with preparation, handing over, and evaluation of a project.
With a PRINCE2 certification, individuals will get to learn the above-mentioned process that can help them in managing a project.